Sunday 13 September 2009

Stitching and stilettoes

The new Christmas King is well underway. Last year's king featured goldwork, but this year I've decided to use silver threads, with a turqoise base for the robes.

Last weekend I spent a day at Dillington House (pictured), for their open day, to promote the goldwork weekend in February and the whitework course in June.

I am also busy putting together the sections of bunting that my Bath class kindly embroidered for our forthcoming wedding - they look beautiful, and feature lots of different techniques, ranging from ribbon embroidery to antique lace with beading. I'm sure they will be much admired on the day.

Somewhere along the line in recent months I've lost my much-loved antique stiletto - which I always use when teaching whitework. If anyone finds a white-handled stiletto among their things, I'd be very grateful if you could let me know. But don't pop it in the post, as it's rather sharp, and I would fear for our postman's safety.